05 Apr Spring Into Action With Home Maintenance Now So You Can Relax Later
Spring is here and the weather will soon be perfect to be outdoors. Take care of a few things around the house now so you can focus on fun later. Not only will you enjoy your home more, but can feel confident that it is good working order for your family.
These tips allow you to enjoy your time later AND protect your most important investment – your home! As always, let me know how we can help with any loan needs such as a refinance or new mortgage.
Spring To-Dos For Homeowners:
- Replace batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Test them to make sure they are working.
- Clean gutters and downspouts after the last frost of the season. This can help avoid damage from spring rains as clogged gutters and downspouts can cause wood trim to rot near the eaves.
- Check decks, fences, railings and other outdoor structures for damage. Clean, stain, reseal or repair woodwork to be ready to relax and enjoy this summer.
- Inspect sprinklers and irrigation systems. Doing this now can save water and money along with your lawn. Look for broken heads and make any adjustments so that you water the plants and not the driveway or house.
- Repair any screens on doors and windows. It’s just about time to open them to let spring breezes in.
- Landscaping is key right now for a beautiful yard. Trim back any overgrown bushes from structures or roof line. Prepare garden beds for vegetables and flowers once the freeze warnings are over in your area.
- Pick up and discard any limbs and leaves to make way for new grass and blooms.
- Make sure your air conditioning is ready and schedule a service if needed. This is also a great time to replace air filters.