Asset Qualifier Home Loan
Asset Qualifier is a mortgage loan product that allows homebuyers to use their assets instead of income to qualify.
Angel Oak’s Asset Qualifier product gives homebuyers the ability to qualify for a mortgage using their liquid assets. Borrowers must have a minimum of $500,000 in assets post closing. Qualifying assets include retirement, checking, savings accounts and stocks.
Additional documentation may be required.
- Available for purchase and cash-out or rate-term refinance
- No employment or income information is required
- No debt to income (DTI) requirements
- Primary residence
- Five years seasoning for foreclosure, short sale, or bankruptcy
- Loans up to $3 million
- Borrowers must have a minimum of $500,000 post closing assets
- All assets must be sourced and seasoned for a minimum of 6 months
What assets can be used to qualify for this loan program?
Borrowers can use bank accounts such as checking and savings, retirement, and investment accounts such as stocks or mutual funds.
Are any assets required after closing?
Yes. The buyer must have at least $500,000 in post closing assets.
Does the Asset Qualifier program require employment or retirement status?
There is no requirement to be currently employed or retired. This loan is solely based on using assets to qualify and no income or employment verification is required.